New to markets or looking to improve your success? The following downloads might be useful to you!
The following list contains all the currently scheduled upcoming events for Upmarket at UWA.
|Event Date||Event Hours||Application Closing Date|
|Perth Upmarket||24 Mar 2024||10:00AM — 4:00PM||Closed|
|Upmarket Wedding Fair||27 Apr 2024||10:00AM — 3:00PM||Closed|
|Perth Upmarket||16 Jun 2024||10:00AM — 4:00PM||15 Mar 2024|
|Garden & Gourmet||03 Aug 2024||10:00AM — 4:00PM||19 Apr 2024|
|Perth Upmarket||15 Sep 2024||10:00AM — 4:00PM||07 Jun 2024|
|Perth Upmarket||17 Nov 2024||10:00AM — 4:00PM||06 Sep 2024|
- 2024 Large Outside - Pond Side - Shared - half 3m x 3m ($225.00)
- 2024 Foyer Entry Alcove - 1.8m x 1.5m ($225.00)
- 2024 Large Outside - Shared - half 3m x 3m ($265.00)
- 2024 Hackett Hall - 2m x 1.5m ($285.00)
- 2024 Veranda Outside - 1.8m x 1.5m ($288.00)
- 2024 Small Inside - 2m x 1.5m ($304.00)
- 2024 Hackett Hall Corner - 2m x 1.5m ($310.00)
- 2024 Small Inside Corner - 2m x 1.5m ($346.00)
- 2024 Large Outside - Pond Side - 3m x 3m ($350.00)
- 2024 Coffee/Beverage/Cold Sweets - 3m x 6m ($350.00)
- 2024 Medium Inside - 3m x 1.5m ($367.00)
- 2024 Medium Inside Corner - 3m x 1.5m ($393.00)
- 2024 Large Outside - 3m x 3m ($430.00)
- 2024 Food Gazebo - 3m x 3m ($430.00)
- 2024 Extra Large Outside - 3m x 6m ($530.00)
- 2024 Large Inside - 3m x 3m ($615.00)
Upmarket Wedding Fair
- 2024 Wedding Ceremony Set Up Outside Shared - 6m x 10m shared ($300.00)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Veranda Outside - 1.8m x 1.5m ($501.60)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Food or Vehicle Outside - 3m x 6m ($501.60)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Ceremony Set Up Outside - 6m x 10m ($501.60)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Indoor Large Shared - 3m x 3m shared ($600.00)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Small Inside - 2m x 1.5m ($672.75)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Medium Inside - 3m x 1.5m ($764.75)
- 2024 Wedding Fair Indoor Large - 3m x 3m ($1035.00)
Garden & Gourmet
- Garden & Gourmet Standard Launch Price - 3m x 3m ($200.00)
- Garden & Gourmet Coffee/Cold Sweets - Launch Price - 3m x 3m ($250.00)
- Garden & Gourmet Corner Launch Price - 3m x 3m ($250.00)
- Garden & Gourmet Trailer - Launch Price - 3m x 6m ($300.00)
All stallholders must have public liability insurance coverage of $10 million. If you do not have your own insurance, do not despair! We are able to provide coverage under our policy for a cost of $33 per event. We are able to cover all product categories with the exception of the following:
- Children’s toys
- Animal feeds (pet treats and food)
- Beauty (including soap)
- Food and beverages
Should you be accepted to our market we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your certificate of currency. If this is not received prior to the market (by date indicated by market management) you will not be permitted to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for future events?
All businesses need to reapply for each event. To apply, simply check the dates when applications are open. Then log in to the MarketLife stallholder website. The application form is a private page and only accessible for retailers.
2. Do I need insurance?
Yes, insurance is compulsory. If you have your own insurance, we ask that you provide us with your policy details otherwise public and product liability insurance is available through us for $33 per event. We are unable to cover toys, skincare products, pet foods or food and beverage items under our policy so if you offer either of these two product categories, you will need your own policy.
3. Do you provide any walls or structures for my space?
No, we will mark out your space and it’s up to you to bring all structures and equipment to make it look amazing! You will be able to unload near the venue.
4. When will I find out where my space is?
You will receive a floor plan and bump in info the week prior to the event. If you have a specific request please include it on your application. We will do our best to accommodate.
5. Can I share a space?
We generally don’t allow the sharing of spaces. We may consider it if your brands aligns. There will be an additional fee to cover extra admin and the second website listing.
6. Do you have change rooms?
We don’t have formal change rooms. You may bring a changing tent and we do have a space both upstairs and downstairs where you can place a change tent and mirror.
7. Are there any special conditions for food retailers?
a. ALL food retailers must be a registered food business with their local council and provide their certificate.
b. If you are selling fresh food and drink for consumption on the day, you need to comply with the market stall food regulations and will be required to complete an application for Temporary Food Business the City of Perth. Council food safety officers can inspect the market at any time. This permit is your responsibility you will not be able to trade on the day if you don’t comply. No refunds will be given to retailers who fail to comply or get approval in time. Temporary Food Vendor Permit: $46 (plus inspection fees at $49 per inspection) (inc GST) for the 2019/20 financial year.
c. Exhibitors offering tastings only for packaged food do not require a Temporary food permit with the City of Perth. (This is a special agreement we have for this event only.)
d. ALL food retailers must completed the AHA Covid food safety course and provide their certificate
8. Can I get a refund if I cancel?
Sorry, once spots are confirmed with payment we do not offer refunds.
9. Does the market have Wifi?
Unfortunately the market does not have access to any free wifi connections. You will need to use your mobile phone, eftpos machine or iPad for any paypal transactions.
10. Will I be able to access power?
Power access is reserved for food retailers who should notify us of power requirements on the event application form. Power is limited and is carefully placed in safe positions to meet the requirements. Limited power is available inside – please ask for more info. Please ensure anything plugged in has a tagged and tested cord. Failure to do this will mean you will not be able to connect to power.
11. If I am unsuccessful, will I receive feedback?
Not all applications are suitable. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. We will send you advice via email about the status of your application, either approved or declined. The email is a generic email that outlines some of the reasons why you may not be approved to attend. Applications for eligibility can be submitted at any time.
Applications for events
Applications for events are normally assessed within 2 weeks of the closing date. Every applicant will receive an email advising if they have been successful in securing a space or placed on the reserves list. Not all spaces offered are taken up and as spaces are cancelled we work through the reserves list to reallocate spaces. The number of other retailers in your category can impact on your chance of acceptance as well as how closely you rate on our eligibility criteria. If you have not been successful, we suggest that you review our tips for applying for markets and if you have revised your stall presentation, branding, photos etc or, please make sure they are included with your application so we can reassess you.
12. I’m a new business. I’m not sure I’m ready to register or apply.
Perth Upmarket is more than market events. We want to help you create a successful, thriving creative business.
First at Upmarket is a new incubator concept which launched in 2021. To encourage and support new creative small businesses test the market, we are offering a discounted space plus additional support in our dedicated “First At Upmarket” hall for your debut.
What you will receive:
- Entry into Perth’s premier market at a reduced rate – 30% off
- 1 hour online webinar before the event with Perth Upmarket director, Erin Madeley to answer all your questions and make sure you are prepared for market day.
- Your business featured in our email group newsletter (10K subscribers) and social media (33K) in the lead up to the event (Valued $200)
- Concierge to help you bump in and find your spot on market day.
- Market insurance (Valued $33)
The "First at Upmarket" space is in the Hackett Cafe near the hot food and veranda stalls. Limited spaces available each event and only available once.
13. Do I need to reapply for each event?
Yes, you will need to reapply for each event. To keep the event fresh, we handpick retailers for each event. Acceptance into one market does not mean you have a permanent spot. Please check the application dates.