New to markets or looking to improve your success? The following downloads might be useful to you!
The following list contains all the currently scheduled upcoming events for Upmarket at UWA.
|Event Date||Event Hours||Application Closing Date|
|Perth Upmarket||18 Sep 2022||10:00AM — 4:00PM||Closed|
|Art Upmarket||15 Oct 2022||10:00AM — 4:00PM||Closed|
|Perth Upmarket||27 Nov 2022||10:00AM — 4:00PM||19 Aug 2022|
|Wedding Upmarket||29 Apr 2023||10:00AM — 3:00PM||31 Oct 2022|
- First at Upmarket - 2m x 1.2m ($200.00)
- Foyer Entry Alcove - 1.8m x 1.5m ($225.00)
- Veranda Outside Stall - 1.8m x 1.5m ($275.00)
- Small Inside Stall - 2m x 1.5m ($290.00)
- Small Inside Corner Stall - 2m x 1.5m ($330.00)
- Medium Inside Stall - 3m x 1.5m ($350.00)
- Large Outdoor - Pond Side - 3m x 3m ($350.00)
- Medium Inside Corner Stall - 3m x 1.5m ($375.00)
- Large Outside Stall - 3m x 3m ($410.00)
- Large Inside Stall - 3m x 3m ($590.00)
- Wedding Medium Inside Shared Stall - 3m x 1.5m shared ($410.00)
- Wedding Veranda Stall - 1.8m x 1.5m ($440.00)
- Wedding Food or Vehicle Outside - 3m x 5m ($440.00)
- Wedding Ceremony set up Outside - 6m x 10m ($440.00)
- Wedding Ceremony set up Outside Shared - 6m x 10m shared ($522.50)
- Wedding Large Inside Shared Stall - 3m x 3m shared ($532.50)
- Wedding Small Inside Stall - 2m x 1.5m ($585.00)
- Wedding Medium Inside Stall - 3m x 1.5m ($655.00)
- Wedding Large Inside Stall - 3m x3m ($900.00)
- Food or Coffee Outside - 3m x 3m ($410.00)
- Art Inside Small - 2mw x 1md ($475.00)
- Art Inside Medium - 3mw x 1md ($575.00)
- Art Inside Medium Plus (L shaped) - 5 spots only - 3mw x 2m one end ($775.00)
- Art Inside Large (L Shape) - 3m x 3m = 6m wall ($995.00)
All stallholders must have public liability insurance coverage of $10 million. If you do not have your own insurance, do not despair! We are able to provide coverage under our policy for a cost of $33 per event. We are able to cover all product categories with the exception of the following:
- Children’s toys
- Animal feeds (pet treats and food)
- Beauty (including soap)
- Food and beverages
Should you be accepted to our market we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your certificate of currency. If this is not received prior to the market (by date indicated by market management) you will not be permitted to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for future events?
All businesses need to reapply for each event. To apply, simply check the dates when applications are open. Then log in to the MarketLife stallholder website. The application form is a private page and only accessible for retailers.
2. Do I need insurance?
Yes, insurance is compulsory. If you have your own insurance, we ask that you provide us with your policy details otherwise public and product liability insurance is available through us for $33 per event. We are unable to cover toys, skincare products, pet foods or food and beverage items under our policy so if you offer either of these two product categories, you will need your own policy.
3. Do you provide any walls or structures for my space?
No, we will mark out your space and it’s up to you to bring all structures and equipment to make it look amazing! You will be able to unload near the venue.
4. When will I find out where my space is?
You will receive a floor plan and bump in info the week prior to the event. If you have a specific request please include it on your application. We will do our best to accommodate.
5. Can I share a space?
We generally don’t allow the sharing of spaces. We may consider it if your brands aligns. There will be an additional fee to cover extra admin and the second website listing.
6. Do you have change rooms?
We don’t have formal change rooms. You may bring a changing tent and we do have a space both upstairs and downstairs where you can place a change tent and mirror.
7. Are there any special conditions for food retailers?
a. ALL food retailers must be a registered food business with their local council and provide their certificate.
b. If you are selling fresh food and drink for consumption on the day, you need to comply with the market stall food regulations and will be required to complete an application for Temporary Food Business the City of Perth. Council food safety officers can inspect the market at any time. This permit is your responsibility you will not be able to trade on the day if you don’t comply. No refunds will be given to retailers who fail to comply or get approval in time. Temporary Food Vendor Permit: $46 (plus inspection fees at $49 per inspection) (inc GST) for the 2019/20 financial year.
c. Exhibitors offering tastings only for packaged food do not require a Temporary food permit with the City of Perth. (This is a special agreement we have for this event only.)
d. ALL food retailers must completed the AHA Covid food safety course and provide their certificate
8. Can I get a refund if I cancel?
Sorry, once spots are confirmed with payment we do not offer refunds.
9. Are there ATMs at the market?
We hire ATM machines for the UWA events. They are located at the back southern corner of the Winthrop hall, outside. Many customers bring cash, especially for small purchases and food. Make sure you bring plenty of change. If you would like to take credit card payments we suggest you look into the PayPal tap and go machines. Perth Upmarket has negotiated special transaction rates for our approved retailers.
10. Does the market have Wifi?
Unfortunately the market does not have access to any free wifi connections. You will need to use your mobile phone, eftpos machine or iPad for any paypal transactions.
11. Will I be able to access power?
Power access is reserved for food retailers who should notify us of power requirements on the event application form. Power is limited and is carefully placed in safe positions to meet the requirements. Limited power is available inside – please ask for more info. Please ensure anything plugged in has a tagged and tested cord. Failure to do this will mean you will not be able to connect to power.
12. If I am unsuccessful, will I receive feedback?
Not all applications are suitable. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. We will send you advice via email about the status of your application, either approved or declined. The email is a generic email that outlines some of the reasons why you may not be approved to attend. Applications for eligibility can be submitted at any time.
Applications for events
Applications for events are normally assessed within 2 weeks of the closing date. Every applicant will receive an email advising if they have been successful in securing a space or placed on the reserves list. Not all spaces offered are taken up and as spaces are cancelled we work through the reserves list to reallocate spaces. The number of other retailers in your category can impact on your chance of acceptance as well as how closely you rate on our eligibility criteria. If you have not been successful, we suggest that you review our tips for applying for markets and if you have revised your stall presentation, branding, photos etc or, please make sure they are included with your application so we can reassess you.
13. I’m a new business. I’m not sure I’m ready to register or apply.
Perth Upmarket is more than market events. We want to help you create a successful, thriving creative business.
First at Upmarket is a new incubator concept which launched in 2021. To encourage and support new creative small businesses test the market, we are offering a discounted space plus additional support in our dedicated “First At Upmarket” hall for your debut.
What you will receive:
- Entry into Perth’s premier market at a reduced rate – 30% off
- 1 hour online webinar before the event with Perth Upmarket director, Erin Madeley to answer all your questions and make sure you are prepared for market day.
- Your business featured in our email group newsletter (10K subscribers) and social media (33K) in the lead up to the event (Valued $200)
- Concierge to help you bump in and find your spot on market day.
- Market insurance (Valued $33)
The "First at Upmarket" space is in the Hackett Cafe near the hot food and veranda stalls. Limited spaces available each event and only available once.
14. Do I need to reapply for each event?
Yes, you will need to reapply for each event. To keep the event fresh, we handpick retailers for each event. Acceptance into one market does not mean you have a permanent spot. Please check the application dates.